Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (including Trial Bar)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
University of Illinois College of Law, 1978, J.D.
Cornell College, 1974, B.A.
- Triple major: Philosophy, Economics and Political Science
Marc D. Janser is a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group. His trial practice focuses on complex commercial and family law litigation.
In his family law practice, Marc represents prominent Chicago business leaders, owners and executives, high profile and high net worth athletes and other individuals in personal and family matters. He works with clients to develop personalized strategies that protect and preserve their assets. Marc's extensive experience in this arena includes drafting premarital agreements; classifying inherited, gifted or previously acquired property as non-marital; and valuing and dividing businesses or professional practices. He is a pioneer in using summary judgment to gain leverage to eliminate financial issues in divorces.
Marc speaks and writes on family law topics, such as premarital agreements, the valuation of closely held businesses, and protecting the assets of high-earning spouses.
- Obtained summary judgment that Husband's stock was marital even though it was purchased from a money market fund account established with the sale of premarital bonds.
- Achieved summary judgment that Husband's purchase of stock in a family business was non-marital even though stock was purchased during the marriage.
- Obtained summary judgment that Husband's premarital agreement was enforceable even though the Wife had signed it without counsel and when she did not speak English.
- Received a summary judgment that the purchase of a house during marriage and deeded to a trust was non-marital even though the deed had never been recorded.
Honors & Recognitions
Recognized as a Leading Lawyer in Commercial Litigation by his peers 2016-2017
Highest peer review rating for ethics and legal ability from Martindale-Hubbell
News & Alerts
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
University of Illinois College of Law Board of Visitors, 1999-2002