Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
University of Illinois College of Law, 2011, J.D., magna cum laude
Winona State University, 1998, B.A.
As a member of Pedersen & Houpt's Corporate and Business Counseling Practice Group, David Serritella provides counsel on a range of commercial transactions, which includes: private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, exempt securities offerings and joint ventures, and a range of commercial financing transactions.
As a member of the Real Estate Practice Group, David represents commercial real estate developers, lenders, owners, landlords and tenants in a broad range of complex commercial real estate transactions, including: the sale, financing, leasing, zoning and development of commercial properties.
David also works with the firm's Creditors' Rights, Restructuring and Bankruptcy Practice Group, representing financially troubled entities, secured and unsecured lenders, borrowers, receivers, unsecured creditors, official creditor committees, commercial landlords, tenants, sellers, purchasers, shareholders and investors in in-court and out-of-court workout, restructuring, and reorganization matters.
David's growing practice benefits from his previous experiences. Most recently, he was an Adjunct Instructor at the University of Illinois College of Law, teaching Legal Writing and Introduction to U.S. Law. While in law school, David was a Teaching Assistant for two courses--Introduction to Advocacy and Secured Transactions, the Administrative Editor of the University of Illinois Journal of Law, Technology & Policy and received training and experience as a mediator.
Prior to law school, David served as a manager for a financial services company and contributed to its dramatic growth. He was also a principal in two entrepreneurial ventures.
- Represents NYSE-traded auto industry company regarding acquisition, leasing and development of large-scale storage and processing facilities across the U.S.
- Handles lease negotiations and related matters for numerous national restaurant and other retail concepts around the country.
- Representing the developer in the redevelopment of a multi-block downtown Dallas, Texas area under a master plan providing for a farmer's market, restaurants, athletic fields and a mixed use building comprised of a public parking garage, retail space and 240 residential apartments, which redevelopment is financed by a HUD construction loan, an EB-5 loan, a bank construction loan and TIF financing.
- Represented the owner of a 1,000,000 square foot downtown Chicago office building in its $100,000,000 sale.
- Represented the owner of a Class A Naperville, IL shopping center in its sale to a publicly traded real estate investment trust.
- Represented a private equity fund in the sale of two portfolio companies.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in numerous real estate and commercial and industrial loans, including assisting in the representation of a regional lender in its loan to a minor league baseball team, secured by the assets and ownership in the team.
- Represent various buyers in their acquisitions of multi-unit residential properties.
- Representing a publicly traded bank in its municipal zoning matters before the City of Chicago.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in numerous commercial foreclosure actions and out-of-court workouts and restructurings.
Honors & Recognitions
CALI Excellence for the Future Award for a course "Perspectives on Bankruptcy and Commercial Law"
American Bankruptcy Institute, Medal of Excellence
Pro Bono Notation
News & Alerts
- May 2020
- High Speed Trading Begets High Speed Regulation: SEC Response to Flash Crash, Rash2010 U. Ill. J. L. Tech. & Pol'y 433
American Bar Association
Turnaround Management Association