Bar & Court Admissions
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Northern District of Illinois
- Eastern District of Texas
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2009, magna cum laude
- Senior Editor, Journal of Legislation
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2006, cum laude
Anthony is a Partner in the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group focusing his practice on complex commercial and intellectual property litigation.
As an experienced trial attorney, Anthony has achieved notable success representing major corporate clients in disputes in the search, gaming, advertising, health, telecommunications, pharmaceutical and consumer technologies industries. Anthony also has an established record of developing and executing successful strategies throughout the life of litigation, including investigations, discovery, motion practice, oral advocacy, dispute resolution, arbitration and trial.
In addition to his complex commercial litigation practice, Anthony has significant experience litigating intellectual property matters including patent litigation. Anthony has represented companies in high stakes patent disputes against competitors and non-practicing entities involving personal computers, standard setting patents with reasonable and non-discriminatory licensing requirements, mobile phones, operating systems and software, telecommunications protocols, gaming devices, pharmaceuticals, ground remediation and construction, memory devices and other consumer electronics.
- Defended a closely held consumer technology manufacturer in sweeping federal litigation and arbitration arising from breach of contract and intellectual property claims, stemming from the first assertion of Chinese patents by a Chinese-owned company against an alleged U.S. infringer.
- Secured a landmark sanctions award of over $500,000 for a global computer manufacturer as part of a patent infringement claim brought by a prolific non-practicing entity in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Represented world's leading search and advertising company in large suit involving industry-wide royalty agreements related to telecommunications.
- Represented a medical device company and its investors in significant contract litigation and arbitration involving off-label marketing and international trade embargoes.
- Handled an internal investigation and qui tam action for a leading pharmaceutical company regarding FDA compliance.
- Defended a leading consumer goods manufacturer in a class action alleging national product liability.
- Represented a residential school in civil rights and land use discrimination litigation against an Illinois county and board.
- Represented pro bono detainees and prisoners in civil rights litigation against the State of Illinois.
News & Alerts
- Deerfield Youth Baseball Association
- Assistant Scoutmaster, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts of America