Andrea McCalmon is a Partner in the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. She focuses her practice on complex commercial real estate transactions.
Andrea also represents clients in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, financing, and a variety of development and leasing transactions including office, retail, industrial, hospitality and mixed use.
Andrea obtained her J.D. from the Chicago-Kent College of Law, where she served as Executive Articles Editor for the Chicago-Kent Law Review, and her B.A. from Valparaiso University where she majored in political science.
- Represented private commercial real estate company in the $250 million disposition of real estate portfolio consisting of ten retail shopping center properties in Illinois and Minnesota.
- Represented national real estate developer in the acquisition, financing, development, leasing and disposition of multiple grocery store-anchored, first-class retail shopping center properties located in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama.
- Represented “big four” multinational bank in the refinancing of a $2.3 billion credit facility involving real estate collateral consisting of 71 restaurant properties across the U.S.
- Represented national sporting goods equipment and apparel manufacturer in the $25 million acquisition and financing of a 17-acre Class A- industrial/office mixed use property in Illinois.
- Represented multinational bank in real estate aspects of $1.2 billion syndicated term loan in connection with bankruptcy exit financing.
- Represented regional real estate company in the acquisition, financing and disposition of numerous multifamily residential properties, including the $23 million acquisition of an apartment complex in the Chicagoland area.
- Represented real estate investors, developers, REITs, national and regional companies in the leasing of retail, office, warehouse and industrial properties ranging from 1,000 square feet to over 300,000 square feet.
- Represented national real estate developer in the acquisition, development, leasing and disposition of numerous shopping center properties throughout the United States, including the drafting and negotiation of retail leases with national and regional retailers, purchase and sale agreements, reciprocal easement agreements, conveyance documents, loan agreements, tenant estoppels and subordination agreements.
- Represented Illinois-based corporation and parent of five national brands in the drafting, analysis and negotiation of leases with various tenants, including medical facilities, veterinary clinics, restaurant chains and gasoline stations.
- Represented retail real estate company in shopping center portfolio transaction involving $250 million sale of 10 shopping center properties, including drafting and preparation of closing documents, indemnification agreements and other ancillary transaction documents, as well as coordination and negotiation of tenant estoppel certificates, SNDAs and REA estoppel certificates, resolution of numerous complex title issues and handling of closing.
- Prepared and drafted ground lease for international fast food restaurant franchise.
- Represented real estate investment firm in numerous leasing, acquisition, disposition and financing transactions pertaining to retail shopping center properties, including drafting and negotiation of lease documents, purchase and sale agreements, coordination of ancillary lease documents, including estoppel certificates, SNDAs and landlord waivers and resolution of complex issues pertaining to reciprocal easement agreement
- Represented retail corporation in multimillion-dollar acquisition of property, including the drafting and negotiation of reciprocal easement agreement and conveyance
- Represented real estate investment company in the acquisition of a 105-acre pharmaceutical facility, including drafting and negotiation of complex purchase and sale agreement and resolution of title and survey
Honors & Recognitions
Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013-2014
Dean’s List, all semesters at Chicago-Kent College of Law
News & Alerts
- November 2022
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois