Bar & Court Admissions
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1987
- DePaul University, B.A., Political Science, 1984
John S. Delnero – Partner Partner
John Delnero is a member of the firm's Creditors' Rights, Restructuring and Bankruptcy Practice Group and Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group. John focuses his practice on bankruptcy, commercial litigation and work-outs; representing debtors, creditors, creditors' committees and trustees in national bankruptcy proceedings.
He has represented high-profile corporations in bankruptcy and insolvency matters and has substantial industry experience in energy, transportation, health care, gaming, retail merchandise and produce.
John is also a skilled litigator who is adept in transactional and restructuring matters. He regularly appears in federal and state courts across the country, where he has won appeals before the Second, Fifth and Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
He has been AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell since 2002 and has been named as an Illinois Super Lawyer since 2010.
- Bankruptcy Liaison Committee for Northern District of Illinois: Board Member (2011- 2013)
- Working in the Schools ("WITS"): Volunteer—work with inner-city grade school children on reading and math skills (2012 – 2013)
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyer, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2010 - Present
- AV Rating, Martindale Hubbell, 2002-Present
- January 2017