Bar & Court Admissions
DePaul University College of Law, 2014, J.D.
Northwestern University, 2007, B.A.
Pedersen & Houpt associate Vanja Galligan is a member of the firm's Corporate and Business Counseling Practice Group and is also a member of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group.
Vanja applies her transactional experience to a full spectrum of general business, finance, and real estate matters, with a focus on corporate and business transactions, including asset and stock purchases, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, securities law compliance, real estate acquisition, disposition, development, financing and leasing, and intellectual property licensing matters.
Vanja also works closely with the firm's employee benefits and ERISA professionals in connection with merger and acquisition transactions. She also has experience with preparing Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor filings related to qualification of retirement plans and voluntary correction programs.
- Represented a 100% ESOP owned S Corp. manufacturer in a $198 million sale of the company's shares to a subsidiary of a publicly traded international engineering company, which included responding to extensive due diligence requests, drafting resolutions, and preparing and filing of the pre-merger notification and report form, as required by the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.
- Negotiated stock purchase agreement and related documents using the NVCA forms on behalf of a software encryption company selling $2M of preferred stock to private investors. Oversaw Blue Sky filings in connection with the sale and assisted in the documentation of the pre-investment recapitalization of the company.
- Served as counsel for a Chicago-based advertising agency in all aspects of its purchase of certain assets of a specialized Springfield, Missouri-based agency, including the negotiation of the asset purchase agreement, related employment agreements, intellectual property licenses, confidentiality agreements and a sublease of the seller's office space to the purchaser.
- Represented a Chicago-based real estate development company in connection with a $25.5M loan for the acquisition and conversion of a 140,000 square foot office building into a self-storage facility.
- Represented a Chicago-based real estate development company in connection with the conversion of a 130,000 square foot warehouse into an apartment building and a refinancing of the project with a $21.5M mortgage loan and a $2.5M mezzanine loan.
- Represented a real estate development company in the $125M sale (Section 1031 exchange transaction) of a portfolio of multi-unit residential properties located in Dallas, Texas.
- Represents a national auction company in connection with the leasing of real estate properties throughout the country for automobile storage and auction operations.
Honors & Recognitions
Recipient of CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for the following courses: Contracts; Legal Analysis, Research and Communication; and Antitrust Law.
News & Alerts
Chicago Bar Association