Bar & Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar Member)
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- University of Iowa, College of Law, J.D., 2008
- University of Iowa, Henry B. Tippie College of Management, M.B.A., 2008
- University of Iowa, Henry B. Tippie College of Business, B.B.A., 2004
Ryan Young is the leader of the firm’s Employment Law Practice Group and a member of the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He focuses his practice on counseling and defending employers in a wide range of employment matters.
Ryan has experience in all facets of employment litigation, including defending against federal and state discrimination claims. He also has significant experience defending employers against claims under 42 U.S.C. Section 1981, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and their state equivalents.
Ryan regularly represents and counsels employers concerning matters before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR), United States Department of Labor (DOL), Illinois Department of Labor (IDOL), National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), and Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES).
Ryan also advises in-house counsel, human resources professionals, and management on a variety of everyday operational issues affected by employment laws including employee discipline, reasonable accommodation, employee handbooks/company policies, and separation agreements.
News & Alerts
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association