Bar & Court Admissions
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1984
- DePaul University, B.S., 1978
Erhard R. Chorlé – Partner Partner
Erhard Chorlé is a Partner in the firm's Corporate and Business Counseling Practice Group. Erhard focuses his practice on providing corporate securities, regulatory and government advice and counsel. He advises and represents public and private corporations, financial services firms and state and local government and agencies.
Erhard began his legal career in Illinois State Government. He served as Senior Assistant to the Director of Labor, Deputy Secretary of State, and also as the State's Securities Commissioner. He served as the Executive Assistant to Governor Jim Edgar for Financial and Regulatory Affairs. In that capacity, he oversaw the state's major financial regulations department, including Banks and Trusts and Insurance, as well as the state's various financing authorities and pension funds.
Erhard also served as Chairman of the Illinois State Board of Investment, a $10 billion fund investing the assets of three Illinois State pension systems.
In private practice, Erhard represented individuals, corporations and governments and their agencies. He served clients in a wide range of industries, including gaming, securities, healthcare hospitality, finance, venture capital and manufacturing.
He has served as general counsel to a publicly-traded metals recycling company, a community hospital, and a large and diverse financial services corporation.
- As general counsel of a publicly traded metals recycling company, undertook 14 significant acquisitions, mergers and financings, including all corporate, securities, environmental and other regulatory work
- Served as Real Estate Counsel to the Illinois Housing Development Authority Housing Trust Fund
- Represented clients before regulatory agencies, including: the Illinois Departments of Insurance, Labor, Financial Institutions, Public Health, Environmental Protection, Banks and Trusts and Securities
- Represented gaming clients in Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana and Florida, as well as in Mexico and Greece
- Advised the City of Detroit in establishing its gaming regulatory scheme
- Served as in house counsel and executive vice president to the parent holding company to several subsidiary financial services corporations. These included a 1,000 person independent representative–based business and an investment banking, broker–dealer and advisory firm focused primarily on private equity
- Serves on the Board of Knight Engineers & Architects, a Chicago-based Civil Engineering Firm
- For more than 20 years, Erhard served as a Member of the Board of Trustees of The John Marshall Law School, where he also served on the Investment and Audit & Budget Committees.
- Past Board Member of the St. Benedict Parish Schools