Bar & Court Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court of the Northern District of Illinois
Harvard Law School, J.D., 2000
Williams College, B.A. 1997, magna cum laude
Bevin Brennan – Partner Partner
Bevin Brennan is a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group, Creditors' Rights, Restructuring and Bankruptcy Practice Group and Employment Law Practice Group.
Bevin focuses her practice on commercial litigation, employment and partnership disputes, consumer fraud and class actions. She is also an experienced bankruptcy litigator. She represents corporations of all sizes across a multitude of industries as well as individuals in all phases of litigation, from pre-litigation efforts at resolution through trial and appeals.
- Representing major financial institution against claims seeking return of $1.5 billion for repaid loan in GM bankruptcy proceedings
- Obtaining favorable result after trial against claims seeking approximately $2 billion from certain holders of bonds of a GM subsidiary in GM bankruptcy proceedings
- Obtaining dismissal of conspiracy claims seeking at least $2 million against third party contractor in partnership dispute.
- Achieving favorable settlement of claims by former partner against telecom company seeking over $10 million
- Successfully defeating claim for a temporary restraining order and injunction based on alleged violation of restrictive covenants in employment agreements for data security company
- Representing technology company against proposed class action for alleged violations of Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Achieving denial of class action certification for claims brought pursuant to state consumer fraud act relating to collection of sales tax for major retailer
- Defending automobile financing company in numerous class claims of alleged improprieties in loan contracts
- Successfully defending telecom company debtor in bankruptcy court against numerous threats to reorganization.
- Obtaining specific performance of sale contract for tens of millions of dollars in bankruptcy court and warrant for arrest of principal
Assists pro bono clients through Second Chances program at Cabrini Green Legal Services
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2008 and 2009
- January 2017