Bar & Court Admissions
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2018, magna cum laude
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, B.A., 2015
Tony Borrelli is a member of the firm's Corporate and Business Counseling Practice Group and Real Estate Practice Group. He focuses his practice on corporate law, finance, and complex real estate transactions.
As a member of the Corporate and Business Counseling Practice Group, Tony represents financial institutions, private equity funds, startups, family owned businesses, and middle-market companies in a variety of business and corporate matters such as corporate governance, capital raising, entity formation, lending and finance, and mergers and acquisitions.
In the Real Estate Practice Group, Tony represents real estate developers, lenders, and business owners in complex commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and sales, financing, development, and leasing.
Tony also works with the firm's Creditors' Rights, Restructuring and Bankruptcy Practice Group on workout, restructuring, and reorganization matters.
Prior to joining Pedersen & Houpt, Tony obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin - Madison and his J.D. from the University of Illinois College of Law.
- Represented large regional lender on a $25 million loan secured by national portfolio of retail properties anchored by Fortune 500 variety store operator.
- Assisted retail real estate developer with the creation and division of air rights parcels in a suburban Chicagoland mixed use development.
- Represents a Fortune 500 international real estate firm in office leasing negotiations for its corporate facilities throughout the country.
- Along with other Pedersen & Houpt team members, serves as primary North American region real estate counsel for publicly-traded company in auto industry advising on all real estate matters ranging from day-to-day legal counseling, to acquisition, leasing and development of large-scale storage and processing facilities across the U.S. and Canada, as well as office leases for corporate facilities throughout the region.
- Advised prominent regional scrap metal wholesaler and processor on the buyout and redemption of a major investor and simultaneous restructuring of affiliated entities.
- Counsels private equity investor on corporate governance matters in connection with the various operating companies it holds controlling and non-controlling interests in.
- Advised senior secured lender in connection with the release of junior debt and preferred equity offering by its agricultural industry borrower.
- Represented non-institutional real estate lender in multi-million dollar loan to developer of medical marijuana cultivation facility.
- Advise investors and real estate developers in connection with contemplated projects in Qualified Opportunity Zones.
Honors & Recognitions
CALI Excellence for the Future Awards - Advanced Legal Writing - Insurance Coverage
CALI Excellence for the Future Awards - Advanced Illinois Civil Procedure and Appellate Practice
CALI Excellence for the Future Awards - Private Investment Funds
- Chicago Bar Association