Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Ninth Circuits
Chicago-Kent College of Law, 1994, J.D.
Cornell University, 1991, B.A.
La Sorbonne, Paris France, 1990
Lauren Blair – Partner Partner
Lauren Blair is a member of the firm's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group, and focuses her litigation practice in the areas of commercial, family law, employment law, and state environmental law. In every area of her practice, Lauren thrives on working closely with clients to develop sound end-game strategies and is tenacious about delivering desired results.
As a commercial litigator, Lauren vigorously represents companies of all sizes in business disputes, including contract disputes, business torts, misappropriation and tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of warranty, and product liability claims. Whether pursuing remedies for clients injured by unfair and unlawful business practices or developing strategic defenses to protect their business interests, Lauren provides clients with innovative and thoughtful legal advice.
Lauren also handles complex family law matters for business owners, executives, celebrities, and other high profile and high net worth individuals. By focusing on the individual needs and goals of her clients, she is able to provide compassionate advocacy for her clients in the areas of child custody, child and spousal support, property valuation, property division, paternity, parental and grandparental visitation, and a variety of post-decree matters, including the enforcement of judgments and contempt proceedings. She also provides strategic advice to clients before marriage to address and settle premarital financial matters with effective premarital agreements.
As an environmental litigator, Lauren represents one of the world's largest waste disposal companies in obtaining local siting approval for regional pollution control facilities in the Chicago area.
As a member of the firm's Labor and Employment Law Practice Group, Lauren counsels large and small corporate clients on employment law compliance, including on-site training for supervisors and non-supervisory employees and drafting/auditing employment policies, practices and handbooks. She also protects and defends employers against federal, state and local employment discrimination claims. Lauren has significant depth of knowledge and experience handling a wide range of employment matters, including negotiating and litigating executive employment and separation agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, temporary restraining orders and preliminary and permanent injunctive relief, and other disputes between employers and employees.
- Enforced a restrictive covenant agreement, including sanctions, against a former salesperson and competitive business on behalf of a global security devices company.
- Settled a complex seven-figure class action claim under the FLSA and the Illinois Wage Payment and Collections Act against a publicly traded corporation.
- Successfully litigated and settled numerous complex family law matters for business owners and executives, and high net worth individuals.
- Obtained confidentiality, in camera (private judge's chambers), and other protective agreements and orders in cases where we have represented high-profile celebrities, athletes and prominent business, political and community leaders.
- Protected the income and assets of "high-net income" clients against windfall child support awards.
- Successfully obtained local siting approval for pollution control facilities for one of the world's largest waste disposal companies.
- Protected our clients' assets, including businesses, inheritances, gifted and other types of assets from being classified as marital property and from being divided as part of the marital estate.
- Obtained permanent maintenance awards and/or disproportionate property awards for non- and lower-income earning spouses.
American Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
California Bar Association
Cook County Bar Association
Goodman Theatre Scenemakers Board, President
Goodman Board of Trustees, Ex Officio Trustee
- March 2014
- October 2013
- October 2013Today's Chicago Woman
- December 2012
- December 2012Today's Chicago Woman
- Ignite Glass Studios, 401 N. Armour Street, Chicago, IL 60642June 15, 2013
- AT&T Regional Headquarters, Hoffman Estates, IllinoisMay 3, 2013
- January 31, 2013